[Radiance-general] mkillum with 400 sources?

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Sat Oct 8 22:06:17 CEST 2005

Hi!

I am using mkillum on a scene with a lot of faces converted to illums
(about 400). This is rather fine-grained and results in longe times
spent on mkillum. Now I wonder if I should tweak the rtrace-settings a
bit to get quicker and still not too bad results, so far I use
defaults. Background: the sources represent glass panes in windows, so
each window is allready divided into multiple faces. This is one of the
causes for the many illums that are calculated.

What are the settings you use with mkillum, in a daylight-scene, with
rather small openings (because of the divided windows)?

TIA+CU Lars.

P.S.: I have been waiting 2 hours for 40 illums, so I am a bit worried
about this now ;-)