[Radiance-general] mkillum to produce zero radiance (sealing geometry)

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Fri Oct 7 17:16:15 CEST 2005

Hi List!

I have a scene containing to modifiers that should be converted to
illums by mkillum. The first, called illum, should be the actual light
source for indirect calculation. That is well documented with mkillum.
The second is to "seal" geometry only. That means, the modified
surfaces are so small, that I can neglect them to reduce the number of
light sources in the indirect calculation. RwR chapter 13.1 suggests to
seal such geometry with zero-radiance illums, but doesn't propose how
to set them. So that is the point where I am, can I somehow give this
zero-radiance as an option to mkillum?

Thank You, CU Lars.