[Radiance-general] Using BRDF measurement representations with Radiance

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 19:54:08 CEST 2005

Hi Jeppe,

Check out "He.cal" in the ray/lib directory of the standard
distribution.  It's a bit complicated, but you'll probably end up
with something similar if you're building a parametric BRDF model.

You should be aware that Radiance doesn't do all it should with BRDF
materials, in that the indirect component is approximated as
diffuse.  Only highlights use the BRDF, not secondary rays, for
efficiency.

-Greg