[Radiance-general] set overflow

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 00:36:40 CET 2005

Hi Iebele,

The set overflow error includes a hint as to the problem in the form
of a surface id.  Most likely, the trouble in your geometry is near
this surface.  If it's not overlapping or collapsed geometry, then it
might be a disk that's been converted to hundreds of triangles, all
culminating at a single point, which cannot be resolved by oconv
because there are more than 511 surfaces in an infinitesimal volume.

If you can identify all the triangles associated with this disk, you
should be able to replace it with a single "ring" primitive, or if
the edges need to match exactly, with a many-sided face primitive.

-Greg