[Radiance-general] rayinit.cal problems

J. David Maino maino at psu.edu
Thu Nov 17 18:57:57 CET 2005

Hello all,

I recently installed radiance on my Ubuntu machine and am now having
some problems with rpict. I get the error: rpict: fatal - cannot find
function file "rayinit.cal." I searched through the mailing list
archives and found a few items on the placement of library files and
setting path variables, but nothing I've done has worked. Currently I
have my library files in /usr/local/lib/ray, and I checked to make sure
that rayinit.cal is indeed in there (it is). The path variables are
exporting properly as I can see the paths when I "echo $PATH" and "echo
$RAYPATH," however rpict is still not finding rayinit.cal for some
reason. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave Maino