[Radiance-general] glazing modelling

Jack de Valpine jedev at visarc.com
Wed Nov 2 19:22:28 CET 2005

Hi Marija,

>>> 2.What is the format of input file for glaze.csh script?
>>

>> The input file should look something like the following it has a header
>> line followed by one line per glazing material type:
>>
>> Surface   Tr   Tg   Tb   Rcr   Rcg   Rcb   Rgr   Rgg   Rgb   Part
>> refl>   <g
>> coated refl>   <b coated refl>   <r glass side refl>   <g glass side
>> refl>
>> <b glass side refl>   <boolean switch [0 or 1] to indicate if
>> material can
>> have partial coverage, such as a frit>
>>
>> As I recall this file is pretty sensitive to spacing of the values!
>>
> Yes, I've already had that problem, and that is the reason why I've asked
> for the format definition.
> The other problem occurs when I put only one glazing definition into the
> file. Glaze script doesn't report error, but new material isn't added to
> list of available surfaces!? Do you have an idea why it is happening?

I have attached a file that should (highly dependent on non-munging by
email) contain the correct spacing of the header portion of the file.
The data needs to have the same spacing.

I suspect the problem with the (1) definition is that you do not have
the header in the file or the file is not correctly formated.