[Radiance-general] Sharper shadows using a light probe

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Wed May 25 20:30:52 CEST 2005

Hi Tarik,

Ian is right about the environment determining the sharpness of your
shadows as much as your object geometry.  You should also consider
using the new mksource program, especially if your environment map
contains the sort of small, intense sources that should generate
shadows.  However, to do so, you'll need to map your light probe onto
a distant glow source rather than a large box.

See the postings from last month on mksource, starting with:

     http://www.radiance-online.org/pipermail/radiance-general/2005-
April/002602.html

-Greg