[Radiance-general] Desktop radiance:materials,maps and lamps

dario.pierobon at tin.it dario.pierobon at tin.it
Wed May 11 12:56:01 CEST 2005

Hi, I'm using Desktop Radiace2.0 and i have some questions:

1- where I can find properties(reflectance,roughness,transmittance,specularity)of:
brick,stone like travertin.I saw that there is a directory "Radiance/lib/lib/material.rad"
where there are some materials no including in material library of desktop
radiance.How can I import this in desktop radiance?..Do I use material manager
or replace only copy the file of material somewhere..and where?

2- I have a floor like chees-board, I can use a map (if yes, how?) or I
 have make each 3dface?this question is the same for a wall of brick and
a picture in format jpeg.

3- i don't understand how use luminaire manager...i have to create my lamp
in autocad(when do i assign material's lamp'),then insert is format,but
can I use a lamp that is in luminarie library and only change ies format?if
yes,how is the procedure?

Thank for help
Dario