[Radiance-general] dynamic range

Despina Michael despina_m81 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 29 18:54:10 CEST 2005

Thanks Axel,
your ansewer was very explanotory and the webHDR webpage as well.

I have another question on this - how we compute Dynamic Range?
If for example: the brightest pixel has luminance 50 000 cd/m^2 and the
darkest one 5 cd/m^2
is dynamic range 50 000/5 = 10 000:1? is that correct?
(i.e. 4 OoM)

And something more... is there any standard threshold, that "seperates"
dynamic range to High and Low?

Thanks again,
Despina