[Radiance-general] SPOT Beta 2.1 Release

Zack Rogers zrogers at archenergy.com
Tue Mar 22 21:55:39 CET 2005

Dear Colleagues,

The California Energy Commission's Public Interest Energy Research
(PIER) program has provided funding for the development of the Sensor
Placement & Orientation Tool (SPOT).  SPOT is a free software program
that assists in the design and installation of photosensor systems in
daylit environments.  In addition, SPOT is a useful tool for general
daylighting and daylight and electric light integration analysis.  The
program consists of a Microsoft Excel based user interface with a
Radiance engine performing the calculations in the background.  The
newest version SPOT Beta 2.1 can be downloaded from the SPOT website
at:  (please uninstall any previous versions of SPOT)

www.archenergy.com/SPOT <http://www.archenergy.com/SPOT>

The main forum for Q & A, bug reports, product updates, and other
announcements will be through a SPOT discussion list.  If you plan on
using the program, please consider signing up for this list.  The home
website, where you can sign up and access postings, is accessible
through the main site or with the following URL:

Previous list postings can be accessed with the SPOT Archives link on
this website.  You can also choose to recieve various forms of e-mail
reports containing the lists postings.

Note that SPOT is still in the Beta stages as further development will
continue to occur.  We have been working hard getting out all the kinks,
but bugs are inevitable, so please report any program errors, erroneous
or suspicious data, or other awkward / misleading behavior to either the
discussion list or to spotsupport at archenergy.com
<mailto:spotsupport at archenergy.com> .  Feel free to submit any positive
findings as well!  We welcome any comments, suggestions, interesting
case studies!

You have recieved this e-mail cause either: a) you have downloaded the
Beta v2.0 version b.) you are part of the SPOT Technical Advisory Group
c.) you are on the Radiance online group d.) you have expressed interest
e.) you are a photosensor manufacturer and we are interested in better
integrating your system into the program f.) the SPOT Design Team just
wants your feedback.  We apologize for any cross postings!

Thank you for your time!
Zack Rogers and the
SPOT Development Team

--