[Radiance-general] Digital Camera recommendations?

Rob Guglielmetti rpg at rumblestrip.org
Wed Mar 9 17:57:39 CET 2005

On Mar 9, 2005, at 11:45 AM, Kirk Thibault wrote:

> Great tips!  I would also add that in addition to a remote camera
> trigger (computer or camera-specific remote) you typically can also
> use the timer function on cameras so equipped.  My camera, a Canon
> 300D ("Digital Rebel"), shoots 3 auto bracketed exposures from a
> single timer triggered event.  This way you can change your exposure
> via the shutter speed, set the AEB to +/-1 and then hit the shutter
> release, run out of the mirror ball environment and the camera will
> shoot all three AEB images.  This is particularly useful for settings
> where lugging a laptop may be a pain, and it also allows you to get
> out of the scene.

Also don't forget to turn off auto white balance!  The QuickStart guide
that comes in the archive for Greg's Photosphere includes a really good
primer on getting started with shooting hdr sequences.

Rob, I have an Olympus C4040Z, which I picked up on eBay a couple
months ago and love it--  (Greg's post came in as I typed this up, he
says everything else that needs to be said...)