[Radiance-general] Transparent textures (again)

Axel Jacobs a.jacobs at londonmet.ac.uk
Mon Mar 7 23:04:31 CET 2005

Greg
----
Thanks for your help; it worked like a charm.

Matiu Carr
----------
If you read this, would it be o.k. to put up a PDF of your "Image Mapping"
binhexed ancient Mac Word file on the RAD site? The old one was a bit of a
challenge to decode. Excellent document!

All
---
I've written down what I've learned from this threat in the Advanced
tutorial under
http://luminance.londonmet.ac.uk/learnix/files/phatfile/radcourse_advanced.pdf

Inspired by Andrews EcoTect presentation in Fribourg, I tried to find some
ways of putting RADIANCE results back into the scene. The results take a
little bit of effort but look REALLY COOL! See sections 2.4.2 Transparent
Textures and 4.6 Vector Illuminance in the above PDF.

Also new: 2.5 Using pcomb, 3.2 Using Ground Planes, 4.1 Non-standard
views, 4.5 Illuminance on a Virtual Plane.

Please send comments if you spot any errors or would like to contribute
any personal experience/wisdom.

Cheers

Axel