[Radiance-general] About Desktop Radiance

Santiago Torres tiago at tkh.att.ne.jp
Mon Jun 6 15:54:01 CEST 2005

Hello,
In my experience, Desktop Radiance is quite stable if you don`t use the CAD
interface. But it doesn`t include the last release, and not all programs are
ported. Depending on what you plan to do, this could be a problem, but for
simple renderings, it should work. (the Radiance tutorial, for example,
works fine like in the manual)
You could also install the last release on Cygwin using Francesco Anselmo`s
binaries. You can find the information in the downloads page of
radiance-online.org.
Finally, the option of compiling Radiance on windows using the Borland
compiler was mentioned earlier in the list, but I don`t know how that works,
you can check in the list`s archives (also in radiance-online).
Hope this helps.
Regards,

Santiago