[Radiance-general] RE: Light pipe

Anthony J. Farrell anthony.farrell at dit.ie
Fri Jun 3 12:28:32 CEST 2005

Thanks Marin for the photos and data from your experiments, this is most
interesting; I am carrying out experiments on hollow mirror lightpipes, I
note yours was a square duct.

I measured the intensity distribution of one emitting patch of a lightpipe
in 1988. The pipe used the 3M film, but had a square cross section and
glowing sides.

Is it a solid light pipe or hollow, is it prismatic standard transparent?

See the intensity distribution and the luminance distribution along the full
lightpipe length at

www.personal.psu.edu/mum13/lightpipe

These are interesting results. Have you published (Thesis, conference,
papers?)

The intensity distribution was measured approximately at the center of the
length of the pipe.

Thanks again for this interesting overview of your work.

the simplest way to proceed is to create an equation that links a coordinate
to the radiance of the surface in form of a multiplier (hence the equation
is between [0,1]).
you may use a cal file or directly express it into the brightfunc
definition.

Guilio, thanks for the example, I'll try implement it for my cylindrical
light pipe.

Regards,

Anthony

--
This message has been scanned for content and
viruses by the DIT Information Services MailScanner