[Radiance-general] estimating -av values, color

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Fri Jul 22 11:47:07 CEST 2005

> So generally your're right in considering the color bias of the scene
> also for the constant ambient approximation. But definitely also keep
> in mind  Jacks remark on -av affecting all objects...

Hi,

thanks to Jack and Carsten for the responses, this list is always of
great help. I didn't really use -av in previous projects, but need it
now because the complexity of the scene forces me to exclude modifiers
from the ambient calculation.

As far as I understood, the influence of the -av setting (on objects
not excluded from the ambient calculation) can be dimmed by the -aw
setting, and as I start my renderings with an "ouverture calculation"
the computed ambient distribution should be stable enough. Am I wrong
here?

CU Lars.