[Radiance-general] Radiance Project Organization

Rob Guglielmetti rpg at rumblestrip.org
Wed Jul 13 18:24:03 CEST 2005

Hi Thomas,

Sorry for the delay, I just wanted to address your question in your
response to my response to your question. (whoa, that was confusing.)

On Mon, July 11, 2005 1:50 pm, Thomas Bleicher said:

> Are there any editable bits in a IES data file? I thought these
> informations describe this type of luminaire and editing them would
> mean to change the luminaire.

Well, sometimes I adjust the # of lamps, the lumen output, or the
multiplier.  Of course these things could be handled with the multiplier
that is part of ies2rad as well.  But in rare cases, I need to adjust the
luminous aperture defined in the ies file, and this can only be done by
editing those fields in the ies file.  Yes, this is indeed changing the
fixture from the original photometered luminaire, but it's sometimes done
in order to simulate a unique fixture.

--
Rob Guglielmetti
www.rumblestrip.org