[Radiance-general] rview problems with X11

Mario Minati mario at minati.de
Thu Jul 7 11:30:38 CEST 2005

Hello @all,

while testing my radiance installation in ran into a curious problem.

The machine is not connected to a monitor, instead it has VNC X-Server
running. Everything is working fine. I'm useing XFCE4 as desktop and
have no probs with other X11 progs.

When starting rview, like with one of the makefiles provided in the
obj-directory of the sources a window with a correct title pops up for a
few millisecs and than disappears again. In my xterm I get the message
"Illegal instruction".
I found out that this message does not belong to the radiance source
code, so it will probably belong to X.

Does anyone have any idea, how I can find out more on this problem or
how to solve it?

Regards,
Mario Minati