[Radiance-general] Lighting from a light probe

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 18:08:49 CET 2005

There's something I'm not getting, here.  Why would you synthesize a
light probe?  The whole point is to use a captured environment, isn't
it?  If you had a good synthetic environment, you would just render
your synthetic object(s) into it directly.  Or are you doing this as a
test?  I would be surprised if HDRShop paid attention to the Radiance
view parameters in the .pic file, as it's not expecting to read a
Radiance rendering as a light probe.

By the way, there are two types of spherical projections used in
HDRShop -- an angular projection and a spherical projection.  They are
subtly different.

-Greg