[Radiance-general] softwares to compute light sources from hdr image

Despina Michael despina_m81 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 21 13:56:11 CET 2005

Hi all,

I am not sure if this is the correct forum to ask for something like that.. or this forum only deals with radiance software... but i decided to post my question in case that you can help me.

I would like to know what softwares are there, which can found out/compute light sources (and probaply their direction) from hdr image.  Are there any other softwares doing this? If they are many, is there anywhere that I can find some information for their differences?

Does Radiance compute light sources from hdr images?
The only software I know doing this is lightgen, a plugin for hdrshop.

Thanks,
Despina

p.s. By the way, is there a known problem with hdrgen (for linux) alignment algorithm? I captured perfectly aligned photos (using remote capturing - connect camera with computer) and using alignement with hdrgen (not use of -a option) results very bad hdr image. Althought when alignement was disable, the result was perfect!