[Radiance-general] Discomfort Glare - How do I evaluate

Martin Moeck MMoeck at engr.psu.edu
Tue Jan 18 23:58:44 CET 2005

UGR should be <=20
VCP >= 67

All glare ratings are related.

UGR is most widely used. It would be appropriate for small skylights.
The Glare Index System was used in Great Britain, Belgium, South Africa and (slightly modified) in Scandinavia. As a recommendation, nowhere in the visual field should the luminance of any bright area exceed 40 times the luminance of  the visual task.

Martin Moeck