[Radiance-general] xglaresrc

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 17:40:12 CET 2005

Hi Judy,

In what way do you qualify as a "newbie??"

Unfortunately, there is no output facility from ximage.  The only way
to get the image is with a window capture.  Fortunately, X11 has a
utility for this, called xwd.  If your image file were named "35b3",
you could call the following command once it was up:

	% xwd -name 35b3 -out 35b3.xwd

The xwd program looks up the window by name, then dumps its contents to
the file 35b3.xwd.  Unfortunately, none of the mainstream programs will
recognize the little-used "X-window dump" format, so you'll have to
load it into GraphicConverter or somesuch and save it out in a more
conventional format.

-Greg
(Definite oldbie)