[Radiance-general] RE: Sun Color

Marcus Jacobs marcdevon at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 8 02:10:00 CET 2005

Thanks Martin and Greg for the help for my question about the sun color.

I have done some light research on of the sun's color temperature. I think
Martin's may be the method that I would prefer in converting a color
temperature and luminance of the sun to the RGB used with the light
primative. I have had some problems running the script. In a comment line it
states:

converts a color temperature of degrees Kelvin into RGB given: color temp. T
and the luminance YL of the source

My problem is that this script takes three variables (T, YL, and
solar_radiance) but the comment only mentions two variables (T and YL). What
is the solar_radiance and how does it differ from the luminance of the
source (the source I am assuming is the sun)? Also, what are the units of
measurement for the 3 variables? Do you have an example for this?

Thanks

Marcus Jacobs