[Radiance-general] Questions about uniform sky

Christopher Kings-Lynne chriskl at familyhealth.com.au
Fri Feb 25 11:05:46 CET 2005

Hi,

I'm just trying to understand a few things about using a uniform sky.

1. With a uniform sky, how can I determine the theoretical irradiance or
illuminance at 0,0,0 looking straight up?  I'm currently testing a
polygon on the z=0 plane and I get a slight variance in the illumination
across that surface, due to slight errors in the calcs I presume.  What
I need is the theoretical exact value...

2. With a uniform sky, will the position of my test plane matter?  ie.
If I translate the plane from the origin +10000 in the Z direction, will
the illumination on that plane still be identical?

Thanks,

Chris