[Radiance-general] Angular selectivity of blinds

furry at ihug.com.au furry at ihug.com.au
Wed Feb 16 06:11:16 CET 2005

Does anyone have any suggestions which would be helpful for modelling blinds
which let different amounts of light through at different angles of incident
light, an obvious example of this being a Venetian blind.  The particular case
I am interested in is a woven wire blind where the light incident normal to the
blind would be transmitted better than at an angle.

At the moment, I am modelling using BRTDfunc with a tranmittance value
appropriate to the light at normal incidence, however I assume this is no
different really to modelling glass with the same transmittance value.

Thanks,
Richard
Clibborn