[Radiance-general] functional language

Rob Guglielmetti rpg at rumblestrip.org
Thu Feb 3 21:23:04 CET 2005

> Good idea, the functional language is still something of a mistery, also
> coverage of it in 'rendering with radiance' isn't over elaborate. Even
> though you would have some notion on how it operates, some examples would
> give quite some insight in the matter. How about a .cal repository, linked
> from the Radiance Wiki, explaining would they actually do? That could give
> some insight into the bowels of Radiance?

Definitely check out that filefmts.pdf, and the .cal files that come with
Radiance.  And Jack's right, some of the esamples on the pcomb manpage are
somewhat enlightening as to hoe this all works.  But yeah, zen is
required.  I'm not there yet.

Also, the function that started this conversation, WE, is not listed in
filefmts.pdf, nor do I see it in rayinit.cal.  Where the heck is it?

- Rob Guglielmetti
www.rumblestrip.org