[Radiance-general] Maxwell-Radiance

Martin Moeck MMoeck at engr.psu.edu
Fri Dec 23 18:15:31 CET 2005

A student of mine found this renderer - is anyone familiar with it? It looks like it uses some Radiance algorithms.

Martin Moeck, Penn State

After more and more research of render engine, I have finally got my hands on a new breed of rendering engine which should worth your time to look at. Maxwell Render - brought the us by the world famous NextLimit Corporation (the maker of RealFlow3, a real physical simulation software for Computational Fluid Dynamics). t is the first physical based rendering engine with a GUI. The approach is almost identical to Radiance, except I am not sure if it produces hard number calculations. One thing for sure, it does produce False-Color images. Please take a look at this,

http://www.wahn.demon.co.uk/Maxwell/PhysicalSky/index.html

http://www.maxwellrender.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1121&highlight=

for further description of the renderer, please see the following link.

http://www.maxwellrender.com/product.htm

Ming Norman Tsui
5th-Year Architectural Engineering
The Pennsylvania State University