[Radiance-general] Radiance plug-in for 3DS

Jeffrey McGrew toast at becausewecan.org
Wed Dec 21 20:05:28 CET 2005

Jack de Valpine wrote:

> Yes, but I would imagine the most seamless link would be Revit to Viz?

No, it's the same these days. Max 8 and Viz 2006 both deal with Revit
models the same, there's no difference. In the past, Viz understood
Revit models, and Max didn't, but with the latest releases of both they
now are on the same page.

> Yes, but the thing to remember is that the 3ds format is really really
> ancient. It is probably around for convenience more than anything else
> and probably works well on models of objects. So this is really an
> issue with the format not revit, max, viz or whatever else.

Oh, totally.  Just saying that I'm not surprised about hitting a limit
re: number of faces, for it's something that happens in other contexts
when dealing with exported Revit models. That's all.

Jeffrey McGrew

Because We Can, LLC
(415) 505-4689
www.becausewecan.org