[Radiance-general] Radiance plug-in for 3DS

John Mardaljevic jm at dmu.ac.uk
Wed Dec 21 10:33:31 CET 2005

> I then export out a nice
> 3DS file from 3D Studio, and run the 3DS2MGF -> MGF2RAD style of
> conversion, and it gets most of the way through the conversion but
> then
> hits a 'Unexpected EOF'. If I then render the RAD file things are
> missing, for it didn't finish the conversion. It happens with this
> script as well.

Jeffrey,

In my experience, the 'Unexpected EOF' report occurs with every
successful execution of 3ds2mgf.  In which case, the report may have
nothing to do with the missing geometry.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but I thought it worth pointing out
that this seems to be normal behaviour for 3ds2mgf.

-John

Dr. John Mardaljevic
Senior Research Fellow
Institute of Energy and Sustainable Development
De Montfort University
The Gateway
Leicester
LE1 9BH, UK