[Radiance-general] Getting numerical errors while using secondary light sources...

Gregory J. Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 20:46:41 CET 2005

Hi Ilya,

My guess is that you are seeing sampling areas associated with your
exterior obstruction, which will be translated into the window's
output distribution by mkillum as a fairly sharp cut-off since it is
on the other side of the street.  Basically, I recommend reducing
your -ds setting even further (to 0.1 or 0.08) in your final rtrace,
in hopes of reducing the parallax error of the window sampling.  Even
better would be to set -dj 0.9 and give the same point to rtrace many
times, then average the result in a post-process.  This will
eliminate any direct sampling errors, which I suspect are the problem
in your particular case.

-Greg

P.S.  Very nice analysis and presentation of your results, by the way.