[Radiance-general] multiple processors

Thomas Bleicher tbleicher at arcor.de
Fri Dec 2 11:44:05 CET 2005

On 01.12.2005, at 07:30, Gregory J. Ward wrote:

>> 2.
>> Usually I use RIF files to store my "scene=", "illum=", "zone="
>> variables, and to let rad handle calling oconv/rpict/pfilt/etc
>> correctly
>> with appropriate settings.
>>
>> To divide up a scene, it seems I must use rpiece which calls rpict.
>> (Let's *assume* my NFS lockd is working okay).  Therefore I cannot
>> use
>> rad and my rif files?  So I have to do what rad does *manually* and
>> incorporate rpiece into this process?
>
> If you run "rad -v 0 input.rif", it will call oconv and mkillum to
> generate the octree, without doing any renderings.  You can then
> pick up the job with rpiece at that point.
>
> -Greg

To get the rpict parameters rad would produce use the options "-n -e"
of rad
to have all the rendering steps printed to stdout. You can copy the
necessary
rpict options to a file (ie. "rpict.opts") and include them in the
rpiece
command line with "rpice ... @rpict.opts" (see the man page of rpiece
for
details).