Problem solved somehow. (Re: [Radiance-general] instance problem?)

Carsten Bauer cbauer- at t-online.de
Tue Apr 19 10:56:34 CEST 2005

Gregory J. Ward wrote:
> It's a shame we'll never know what caused this problem, whether it was
> the model or a bug....

Hi Greg & Lars,

just guessing form afar, I think it is (was..) not a bug but a simple
instance overlapping problem. If several instances overlap, each one
will be traversed for a ray hit, and the one which actually 'wins' in
the end is determined by the way they're inserted into the object set
for this octree subcube, and not e.g by the distance of the ray hit to
the view point.

(PS one reason for me joining into that discussion and risking a
statement is to check if my understanding of the meachinism is correct...)

-cb