[Radiance-general] ximage vs. pcond

Gregory J. Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 20:33:05 CEST 2005

Bear in mind that normtiff (and ximage -e auto) don't do everything
pcond can do.  In particular, they cannot simulate human loss in acuity
and veiling glare, so if you really want "pcond -h", don't expect
"normtiff -h" to work as a substitute.  Also, if you are converting
animation frames and want all the frames to use the same tone-mapping,
pcond -I works with the output of phisto, whereas there is no such
option in normtiff.

Just had to throw in some caveats.
-Greg