[Radiance-general] perforate.cal

Gregory J. Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 19:09:55 CEST 2005

The U and V values defined in rayinit.cal will work for planar surfaces
of any orientation, but will not work for curved surfaces or meshes.
For these, you need to define a local (u,v) mapping and apply Lu and Lv
on a mesh surface as Guilio suggests, or else come up with an
approximation plane that will work and use that by rotating your
function.  You can always rotate any .cal function to another
orientation by adding transform arguments (-rx, -ry, -rz) to the
mixfunc primitive that references it.

-Greg