[Radiance-general] mksource program

Gregory J. Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 20:38:34 CEST 2005

I recently wrote a program for computing light sources to accelerate
image-based lighting for anyone who's working on that.  You can get it
in last night's HEAD, and the synopsis is below:

NAME
        mksource - compute distant sources for RADIANCE image-based
lighting

SYNOPSIS
        mksource [ -d nsamps ][ -t thresh ][ -a maxang ] [ octree ]

DESCRIPTION
        Mksource produces a RADIANCE scene description of distant illum
sources
        corresponding to bright, concentrated  regions  in  the  given
ambient
        environment.   Any local geometry is ignored in the input
octree, which
        should be derived from a captured light probe.  The output
sources  may
        then  be  combined  with  this  environment to produce a more
efficient
        scene for rendering, faster and less prone to sampling artifacts.

--------
I'd be interested in feedback if you give this a try.