[Radiance-general] Radiance model water

Jack de Valpine jedev at visarc.com
Wed Apr 6 17:03:26 CEST 2005

Hi Chistoph,

Just to pitch in, I think that what we used for the image at Radiance
online was the wave.cal in a texfunc applied to a glass surface (as John
M. already suggested). The point was not so much about physical accuracy
but to get something that "looked" like water.

-Jack

Reinhart, Christoph wrote:

> Dear colleagues,
>
> One of my students wants to model a swimming pool in Radiance. She is
> looking for a Radiance material model for the water surface (something
> similar to what Jack de Valpine has done for the rendering on the
> Radiance online web site). Has anybody modeled water in the past and
> is willing to share the model with us?
>
> Christoph
> Christoph Reinhart, Ph.D.
> Associate Research Officer                      National Research
> Council Canada         Institute for Research in Construction
> Adjunct Professor                                     McGill
> University                                     School of Architecture
> 1200 Montreal Road M-24, Ottawa          Ontario K1A 0R6 Canada
> tel: (613) 993-9703                                  fax: (613) 954
> 3733
> e-mail: christoph.reinhart at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
> <blocked::mailto:christoph.reinhart at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca>
>
> The Lightswitch Wizard (initial design)    www.buildwiz.com
> <blocked::http://www.buildwiz.com/>
> DAYSIM (expert software)                        www.daysim.com
> <blocked::http://www.daysim.com/>
> Radiance Workshop 2005
> http://irc.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/ie/light/RadianceWorkshop2005
> <blocked::http://irc.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/ie/light/RadianceWorkshop2005>

#	John E. de Valpine
#	president
#
#	visarc incorporated
#	http://www.visarc.com
#
#	channeling technology for superior design and construction