[Radiance-general] metdata, plasdata examples and documentati on?

Giulio Antonutto Giulio.Antonutto at arup.com
Wed Sep 15 11:24:12 CEST 2004

try to look for "retroreflector"
(http://radsite.lbl.gov/radiance/digests_html/v2n10.html and others...)
there is a really good set of emails on the NG!
cheers,
giulio

PS
so fare the difference between plastdata and metadata are that in the 1st
the r,g,b components do not affect the specular color (and your dataset).
this means that if your dataset describes the way light is reflected by the
surface, changing r,g,b can chance the coefficients in your dataset...

there is a limitation (it would be interesting to ear more about... and it
could be good to check if I am right):
you cannot have reflection of the environment but only of light sources.
... but you can always mix...