[Radiance-general] rotate in rview

Greg Ward gward at lmi.net
Wed Sep 8 16:30:06 CEST 2004

Hi Tarik,

The pivot ("p") command in rview/rvu will rotate about a chosen point
(i.e., the axis is the up vector through the selected point).  Quoting
the rview man page:

        pivot angle [ elev [ mag [ x y z ] ] ]
                  Similar to the "move" command, but pivots the  view
about  a
                  selected  point.  The angle is measured in degrees
around the
                  view up vector using the right hand rule.  The
optional  elev
                  is  the  elevation  in degrees from the pivot point;
positive
                  raises the view point to look downward  and  negative
lowers
                  the view point to look upward.

The first argument is the angle (clockwise about point in degrees), the
second is the elevation change, the third is the zoom factor, and 4-7
specify the point if you prefer to enter it manually rather than pick
it from the current view.

You do have the man pages, I hope.  If not, they can be found online at
the LBNL website:

	http://radsite.lbl.gov/radiance/man_html/whatis.html

-Greg