[Radiance-general] Solar Footprint

Mark de la Fuente MdelaFuente at wmtao.com
Thu Oct 28 15:40:27 CEST 2004

Hi group,

Just curious if anyone has tried this before.

I need to make a diagram showing where direct sunlight hits the floor
in a room with an odd skylight.  I have a basic idea just from using a
solar chart, but I would like to accurately illustrate every possible
sun patch location.

My thought was to make a loop where I render all possible sun positions
for half the year (renderings with sun only, no sky, and with -av 0 0 0
-ab 0) and add all the images together as I go.  The resulting image
would show where the sunlight is falling for the entire year.  Depending
on how fine I make my sky changes, this might result in quite a few
calculations.  (6 months x 16 hrs per day =  96 calculations.. not too
bad)

Has anyone tried to do this before?

Mark