[Radiance-general] python / shell scripting radiance

Jelle Feringa // EZCT / Paris jelle.feringa at ezct.net
Tue Oct 26 12:27:47 CEST 2004

Somewhat off-topic, but maybe a relevant curiosity;

I'm just starting to script/extend radiance using python (win32).
I'm interested whether other people are using radiance in this way -I
suppose so, I'm sure Georg Mischler has extensive experience-
Is anyone aware of python/radiance scripts available online, or could point
me in the direction of specific python/radiance content available online
(perhaps willing to share?). My interest is mostly automating rendering
tasks. From that I intend to see whether it could be interesting to combine
genetic algorithms with radiance to automate architectural research. I have
-modest- experience in computing this way, but initial research focused on
GA/FEM simulation. An example of such an experiment would be to parameterize
a window, the placement of the window, or the material in the room, and to
search for a solution -using a GA- where there would be a constant luminance
in the room. In order to conduct these experiments I first need to progress
in automating rendering tasks.

Cheers!

JF