[Radiance-general] Rendering exclude options

Nick Devlin nickd at xco2.com
Tue Oct 26 10:41:14 CEST 2004

Dear All,

A simple question - I suspect to the more able (then me) of you out
there.. Is it possible to exclude planes in a certain orientations from
an rpict calculation. For example, I would like to use radiance to
create a picture showing the vertical sky component on vertical
surfaces. Therefore I would like to exclude the horizontal surfaces to
prevent them from cluttering up the image.

Ideally, I would anticipate being able to overlay a contour image which
excludes the horizontal surfaces over a luminance image which includes
them. I suppose I could generate this from two separate sets of
geometry, but this is a little clunky and may result in some inaccurate
results, where the inter-reflections may be important and or
significant. Any thoughts would be gratefully received.

Many thanks

Nick

XCO2

XCO2 conisbee  Ltd
1-5 Offord Street
London N1 1DH
Tel: + 44 (0)20 7700 1000
Fax: + 44 (0)20 7700 4455
Email: nickd at xco2.com
Web: http://www.xco2.com

engineering sustainability

---
This e-mail and any attachment contains information which is private and
confidential and is intended for named recipient(s) only. If you are not
named then you are not authorised to read, copy or use this e-mail or
any
attachment. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender by return e-mail and then destroy it.
---