[Radiance-general] ranimate movies

Jack de Valpine jedev at visarc.com
Wed Oct 20 18:16:36 CEST 2004

Hi Tarik,

The .unf finished files are the rendered images pre any filetering
operations. The .pic image have been filtered and perhaps some other
operations depending on your rif settings. The .pic images are your
final frames. To view the animation like a movie you will need to
convert your .pic images to tifs or some other format and then from
there into an animation format. There are a few options to view:

   1. convert final pic frames to jpg and use "animate *.jpg" to view
      the animation (this presumes linux)
   2. to generate an avi or other format (again presuming linux) you can
      convert the frames to tifs and then use "ffmpeg" to generate an
      avi or mpeg. Note this tool can be a little tricky. It is
      powerful, but the documentation really presumes a fair amount of
      knowledge about codecs, encoding and decoding.
   3. otherwise you can load up the converted frames into something like
      adobe premier and generate an animation.

-Jack

Tarik Rahman wrote:

>Hi
>I'm running ranimate and I get the .pic frame files stored in the directory
>along with the .unf files. What are the .unf files and how can you view the
>animation like a movie e.g. in some media player?
>Thanks
>
>Tarik
>
>--
>Tarik Rahman
>PhD student, Institue of Perception, Action and Behaviour
>School of Informatics
>University of Edinburgh

#	John E. de Valpine
#	president
#
#	visarc incorporated
#	http://www.visarc.com
#
#	channeling technology for superior design and construction