[Radiance-general] Flemish Bond Cal Assistance

Terrance Mc Minn T.McMinn at exchange.curtin.edu.au
Thu Oct 7 11:47:39 CEST 2004

Hello All,

I have been attempting to understand the library brick.cal procedure with
the aim to develop a new procedure for flemish bond brickwork. Unfortunately
the information in RWR (edition 1) assumes more background than I have.

For those unfamiliar, a flemish brick bond has each course consists of
alternating faces and ends, with each successive course offset by 50%.... Or
in ascii art it might look like...
					|     | |     | |     | |     |
					|   |     | |     | |     |   |
					|     | |     | |     | |     |
Often the end blocks are a different colour/material.

Any clues to understanding the original brick.cal file based on a stretcher
bond (half brick overlap) would be appreciated if I am going to be able to
create a new flemish.cal procedure.

Regards

Terry Mc Minn
Faculty of Built Environment, Art and Design
Curtin University of Technology
GPO Box U 1987
Perth 6845
Western Australia