instances' filename length limit (was: Re: [Radiance-general] replmarks in 3.6)

Greg Ward gward at lmi.net
Fri Nov 26 17:23:22 CET 2004

Hi Lars,

What you are running up against is the general limit to the length of
individual words in Radiance scene files.  This is set by the MAXSTR
macro in src/common/object.h.  You could change this macro value and
recompile, but it should not be necessary.  The instance type can give
a filename minus the directory path and it will perform a search of all
the directories in the RAYPATH environment variable.  You can simply
add the path(s) you want included to this variable and execute
replmarks in the directory containing your instance octrees so that it
produces only the final path component.

Is this the problem you were having with replmarks in 3.6, or is
something else wrong as well?

-Greg