instances' filename length limit (was: Re: [Radiance-general] replmarks in 3.6)

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Fri Nov 26 13:58:28 CET 2004

> Did you ever get this sorted out?  I asked for a reproducible example
> so I could debug the problem, but never heard back.

Hi,

so it seams that replmarks just produced something oconv can't handle
here:

void instance l_walloverarcade.0.1
5
/Users/lars/Documents/projekte/sophia/SophiaCVS/working/radiance/
radiance/Sophia/library/model_sophia_aisles_vaults_walloverarcade.oct
-t -35.000000 58.000000 26.500000
0
0

Is there a limit for the octree path/filename? The instance element is
the result of replmarks, and oconv gives me the following:

/opt/radiance_3.6/bin/oconv: fatal -
(model_sophia_aisles_vaults_render.rad): bad arguments for instance
"l_walloverarcade.0.1"

Now I copied my model's directory tree to a different location, so that
path names are shorter, and everything is fine. However, this is bad
for me, as I like to have the model in a cvs sandbox in a project
directory in my home... not in the root directory ;-)

Thanks, CU Lars.