[Radiance-general] Problems with IES2RAD

Nick Devlin nickd at xco2.com
Mon Nov 22 18:00:37 CET 2004

Hey there guys and girls,

I am having trouble with ies2rad I(maybe) . I am using a fitting which
incorporates 2 cfl lamps, each with 1200 lumens output. This is clearly
stated in the .ies file supplied by the manufacturer. Problem is, my
scene looked too dark, and I am not too sure why.

What is the simplest way to reverse-check that the .rad description of
the light includes both lamps?? - ie - is as bright as I would expect???
I am not too clear on all the variables for a light description just
yet.

The .rad file reads like this:

# IES2RAD.EXE
# Dimensions in meters
#<IESNA:LM-63-1995
#<[TEST]      ST5303
#<[MANUFAC]   Zumtobel STAFF
#<[LUMCAT]    60810384
#<[LUMINAIRE] Panos MWW 200 2/18W TC-D VVG
#<[LAMPCAT]
#<[LAMP]      TC-D 18W
# Unknown lamp type (used default)
# 36 watt luminaire, lamp*ballast factor = 1

void brightdata St5303_dist
5 cylcorr St5303.dat source.cal src_phi2 src_theta
0
3 1 0.176 0.0005

St5303_dist light St5303_light
0
0
3 1 1 1

St5303_light ring St5303.d
0
0
8
            0 0 -0.00025
            0 0 -1
            0 0.088

Derived from the following ies file:

IESNA:LM-63-1995
[TEST]      ST5303
[MANUFAC]   Zumtobel STAFF
[LUMCAT]    60810384
[LUMINAIRE] Panos MWW 200 2/18W TC-D VVG
[LAMPCAT]
[LAMP]      TC-D 18W
TILT=NONE
2  1200  1.0  19  13  1  2  -0.176  0.000  0.000
1.0  1.0  36

(angles etc omitted for brevity)..

Any thoughts would be very gratefully received.

Nick

XCO2

XCO2 conisbee  Ltd
1-5 Offord Street
London N1 1DH
Tel: + 44 (0)20 7700 1000
Fax: + 44 (0)20 7700 4455
Email: nickd at xco2.com
Web: http://www.xco2.com

engineering sustainability

---
This e-mail and any attachment contains information which is private and
confidential and is intended for named recipient(s) only. If you are not
named then you are not authorised to read, copy or use this e-mail or
any
attachment. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender by return e-mail and then destroy it.
---