[Radiance-general] Alpha channel/object matte

Kirk Thibault kthibault at biomechanicsinc.com
Fri Nov 19 19:11:21 CET 2004

It was frustratingly hilarious trying to reverse engineer the "if"
statement in the pcomb manual example that draws the dot.  I tried
several times to put a conditional statement in the "if
"like,'if(ri(1)<0.05,0,1)' and kept getting errors associated with a
')' expected.  Finally I realized that the condition was an expression
implicitly compared to 0.  Then i realized that there was a built-in
functional language and that this was not standard Unix syntax.  Then I
realized there were whole reference sections devoted to the functional
language in the book and on the website.  The knowledge base just keeps
expanding... too bad my little brain can't oftentimes keep up.
Thankfully this forum is here and I hope I am not testing people's
patience with my inane questions.  Thanks folks.

kirk