[Radiance-general] Rvu window?

Georg Mischler schorsch at schorsch.com
Tue Nov 9 20:53:01 CET 2004

Rob Guglielmetti wrote:

> P.S.
> I tried applying some of Peter A-B's info to this problem.  I created an
> .Xresources file (my xinitrc file seems to check for the presence of
> that and does the "xrdb -merge" thingy if it exists) and placed:
>
> radiance.rvu.x:800
> radiance.rvu.y:600
>
> ... in that file, but it didn't seem to work.

As with -geometry, that's something that the application must
actively support. There's lot of really fancy stuff that a
program could do for interacting nicely with the X11 system.
However, the design goal behind rvu was "make it paint a window
on screen with the least effort possible". It's debateable
whether it's worth the effort to change that... And the result of
such a debate would probably be determined by any volunteers.

-schorsch

--
Georg Mischler  --  simulations developer  --  schorsch at schorsch com
+schorsch.com+  --  lighting design tools  --  http://www.schorsch.com/