[Radiance-general] PMAP simulation

Roland Schregle ganjatron at gmx.net
Sat May 29 12:22:00 CEST 2004

Roland Schregle wrote:
> Jan Wienold wrote:

>> ~/bin/radiance/pmap/mkpmap  -apg f81_z.gp 700000 -apc f81_z.cp 700000  test.oct
>> 700000 is the number of the photos emitted, gp : global photons, cp caustic photons
>
> Actually, it's the number of *stored* photons, which is what the user really wants.

I might add that this is the *approximate* number of stored photons,
since it's impossible to accurately predict the required number of
emitted photons. Typically you'll get within +/- 10% of your spec.

And Carsten, what *do* you really want? :^)

--
Roland Schregle
PhD candidate, Fraunhofer Institute for Solar Energy Systems

END OF LINE. (MCP)