[Radiance-general] Re: Radiance Vs Viz

Greg Ward gward at lmi.net
Wed May 19 21:30:24 CEST 2004

Hi Pillo,

It wouldn't be exactly right, but you could make a pattern that created
dark dots on your mirror in place of holes, then use as an alternate
material a mixfunc with proper holes.  You'd get a holey reflection as
well as the correct view of the object when you render it.

-Greg

> From: Giulio Antonutto <Giulio.Antonutto at arup.com>
> Date: May 19, 2004 10:35:18 AM PDT
> To: "'Radiance general discussion'"
> <radiance-general at radiance-online.org>

sorry, I thought you where combining things with mixfunc...
good trick!
However what I wanted was to create holes on a surface that was acting
like a mirror but unfortunately for me you cannot use mixfunc with
virtual sources, is it?
cheers,
giulio