[Radiance-general] Re: problem with options of 'rview'

Greg Ward gward at lmi.net
Wed May 19 16:59:33 CEST 2004

Hi Olga,

No one mentioned the simplest solution, which I suppose is obvious, of
changing your PATH environment variable in your shell so that the
Radiance bin directory (/usr/local/bin by default) preceeds the
directory containing vim (/usr/bin usually).  This will fix the problem
without having to rename or reinstall anything.  Renaming Radiance's
"rview" to "rvu" will break the concurrent release of "rad," which
still calls "rview" to start an interactive rendering.

-Greg

> From: graf-o at freenet.de
> Date: May 19, 2004 4:43:30 AM PDT

I'm affraid my first attemp to post this message hasn't been
successfull, so I try it once more. Please don't take this mail into
account, it the first one is alredy posted:

  After downloading the dynamic binaries for Linux and installing the
radiance'
  library I've tried to execute the rad-command from the tuturial (rad
-o x11
  daf.rif) as well as just the rview-command with other oct-files, but
  unfortunately the -vp option could not be executed and I got the
following
  error:

  rview -vu 0 1 0 -vp 50 60 40 -vd 0 -1 -1 -vh 20 -vv 20 -ps 8 -pt .16
-dp 128 -ar
  9 -ds 0 -dt .2 -dc .25 -dr 0 -sj 0 -st .5 -aa .4 -ad 64 -as 0 -av 0.5
0.5 0.5
  -lr 3 -lw .02 -R daf.rif -o x11 -pe 1 daf.oct
  VIM - Vi IMproved 6.2 (2003 Jun 1, compiled Sep 26 2003 16:12:37)
  Unknown option: "-vp"
  rad: error running rview

  Now I'm wondering, whether the problem arises, because I am using the
dynamic
  binaries instead of static, or is it something else?

  Thanks,

  Olga Graf